Cytotoxic triterpenoids and triterpene sugar esters from the medicinal mushroom Fomitopsis betulina
Authorized Users Only
Vujisić, Ljubodrag V.
Article (Published version)
MetadataShow full item record
Thirteen undescribed 24-methylene lanostane triterpenoids, named polyporenic acids E-M and fomitosides L-O, as well as seventeen known analogues, were isolated from the fruiting bodies of the mushroom Fomitopsis betulina. Their structures were determined using 1D, 2D NMR, IR, and HRESIMS. Fomitoside L and fomitoside N exhibited cytotoxicity against HL60 leukemia cells (IC50 = 15.8 and 23.7 μM, respectively). Among the known compounds, notable cytotoxicities against HL60 leukemia cells and selectivity with respect to MRC-5 healthy cells were noticed for dehydropachymic acid (IC50 = 10.9 μM, SI 8.6), pachymic acid (IC50 = 11.0 μM, SI 9.8), 3-epi-dehydrotumulosic acid (IC50 = 19.9 μM, SI 5.8) and 12α-hydroxy-3α-(3′-hydroxy-4′-methoxycarbonyl-3′-methylbutyryloxy)-24-methyllanosta-8,24 (31)-dien-26-oic acid (IC50 = 19.2 μM, SI 2.2).
Keywords:Fomitopsis betulina / Fomitopsidaceae / Structural elucidation / Lanostane triterpenoid derivatives / Cytotoxic activity
Source:Phytochemistry, 2021, 181, 112580-
- Elsevier BV
- Natural products of wild, cultivated and edible plants: structure and bioactivity determination (RS-172053)
- Biological response modifiers in physiological and pathological conditions (RS-175011)
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, Republic of Serbia, Grant no. 451-03-68/2020-14/200026 (University of Belgrade, Institute of Chemistry, Technology and Metallurgy - IChTM) (RS-200026)
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, Republic of Serbia, Grant no. 451-03-68/2020-14/200168 (University of Belgrade, Faculty of Chemistry) (RS-200168)
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, Republic of Serbia, Grant no. 451-03-68/2020-14/200043 (Institute of Oncology and Radiology of Serbia, Belgrade) (RS-200043)
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, Republic of Serbia, Grant no. 451-03-68/2020-14/200178 (University of Belgrade, Faculty of Biology) (RS-200178)