The structural, electrical and optical properties of spark plasma sintered BaSn1-xSbxO3 ceramics
Authorized Users Only
Luković Golić, Danijela
Savić, Slavica M.
Article (Accepted Version)
MetadataShow full item record
Antimony doped barium-stannate dense ceramic materials were synthesized using spark plasma sintering technique out of mechanically activated precursor powders. The influence of various Sb concentrations (x =0.00 – 0.10) on properties of BaSn1-xSbxO3 ceramics was investigated. Relative densities of prepared samples were in the range of (79–96) %. TEM analysis revealed the presence of many dislocations in undoped BaSnO3, and their significant reduction upon doping with Sb. All samples except BaSn0.92Sb0.08O3 exhibit non-linear I-U characteristic, typical for semiconductors with potential barrier at grain boundaries. Low angle grain boundaries found only in BaSn0.92Sb0.08O3 caused the loss of potential barrier at grain boundaries which was confirmed by AC impedance spectroscopy measurements. Consequently, BaSn0.92Sb0.08O3 showed the lowest electrical resistivity and linear I-U characteristic. UV–vis analysis confirmed the increasing of band gap (Burstein–Moss shift) values in all doped sa...mples.
Keywords:BaSnO3 / Spark plasma sintering / Potential barrier / Low angle grain boundaries / Electrical conductivity
Source:Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 2020, 40, 15, 5566-5575
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, Republic of Serbia, Grant no. 451-03-68/2020-14/200053 (University of Belgrade, Institute for Multidisciplinary Research) (RS-200053)
- Slovenian Research Agency (Program Contract No. P2-0084).
- Croatian Science Foundation project IP-2018-01-2730
- The Serbia-Slovenia bilateral collaboration ("Zero-to Three-Dimensional Nanostructures for Application in Optics, Electronics and Energetics")
- This is the peer-reviewed version of the manuscript: Vukasinovic J, Pocuca-Nesic M, Golic DL, Ribic V, Brankovic Z, Savic SM, Dapcevic A, Bernik S, Podlogar M, Kocen M, Rapljenovic Z, Ivek T, Lazovic V, Dojcinovic B, Brankovic G, The structural, electrical and optical properties of spark plasma sintered BaSn1-xSbxO3 ceramics, Journal of the European Ceramic Society (2020), 40, 15, 5566-5575, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2020.06.062
- The published version: http://cer.ihtm.bg.ac.rs/handle/123456789/3628