Controllable synthesis of Fe3O4-wollastonite adsorbents for efficient heavy metal ions/oxyanions removal
Marinković, Aleksandar D.
Pavlović, Vladimir B.
Članak u časopisu (Recenzirana verzija)
MetapodaciPrikaz svih podataka o dokumentu
Iron oxide, in the form of magnetite (MG)–functionalized porous wollastonite (WL), was used as an adsorbent for heavy metal ions (cadmium and nickel) and oxyanions (chromate and phosphate) removal from water. The porous WL was synthesized from calcium carbonate and siloxane by controlled sintering process using low molecular weight submicrosized poly(methyl methacrylate) as a pore-forming agent. The precipitation of MG nanoparticles was carried out directly by a polyol-medium solvothermal method or via branched amino/carboxylic acid cross-linker by solvent/nonsolvent method producing WL/MG and WL-γ-APS/MG adsorbents, respectively. The structure/properties of MG functionalized WL was confirmed by applying FTIR, Raman, XRD, Mössbauer, and SEM analysis. Higher adsorption capacities of 73.126, 66.144, 64.168, and 63.456 mg g−1 for WL-γ-APS/MG in relation to WL/MG of 55.450, 52.019, 48.132, and 47.382 mg g−1 for Cd2+, Ni2+, phosphate, and chromate, respectively, were obtained using nonlinea...r Langmuir model fitting. Adsorption phenomena were analyzed using monolayer statistical physics model for single adsorption with one energy. Kinetic study showed exceptionally higher pseudo-second-order rate constants for WL-γ-APS/MG, e.g., 1.17–13.4 times, with respect to WL/MG indicating importance of both WL surface modification and controllable precipitation of MG on WL-γ-APS.
Ključne reči:adsorption / calcium metasilicate ceramic / heavy metals / magnetite functionalization / polyol-thermal method / solvent/nonsolvent method / Fe3O4
Izvor:Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2019, 26, 12, 12379-12398
- Usmerena sinteza, struktura i svojstva multifunkcionalnih materijala (RS-172057)
- Istraživanje intermetalika i poluprovodnika i moguća primena u obnovljivim izvorima energije (RS-171001)
- Geološka i ekotoksikološka istraživanja u identifikaciji geopatogenih zona toksičnih elemenata u akumulacijama vode za piće-istraživanje metoda i postupaka smanjivanja uticaja biogeohemijskih anomalija (RS-176018)
- Bilateral cooperation between Serbia and France, No. 4510339/2016/09/03 “Inteligent econanomaterials and nanocomposites”
- National Science Foundation, North Carolina State University, Project No. HRD-1345219
- United States National Science Foundation (NSF) / Partnerships for Research and Education in Materials (PREM), Grant 1523617
- United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Grant NNX09AV07A
- The published version: http://cer.ihtm.bg.ac.rs/handle/123456789/2845