Synthesis, characterization, DFT calculations and antimicrobial activity of Cd(II) complexes with the condensation product of 2-quinolinecarboxaldehyde and Girard's T reagent
Milenković, Milica R.
Article (Accepted Version)
MetadataShow full item record
The chloro (1) and isocyanato (2) Cd(II) complexes with the condensation product of 2-quinolinecarboxaldehyde and trimethylammonium acetohydrazide chloride (Girard's T reagent) (HLCl) have been synthesized and characterized by elemental analysis, IR, and NMR spectroscopy. The crystal structure of chloro Cd(II) complex (1) was determined. In 1 and 2, coordination surrounding of Cd(II) consists of deprotonated hydrazone ligand coordinated through NNO-donor atoms and two monodentates at the rest of the coordination places. Quantum chemical calculations of the molecular structures and the relative stabilities of linkage isomers of the Cd(II) complex showed that the isomer with N-Cd-N coordination of OCN- is the most stable. The investigated Cd(II) complexes showed lower activity than standard antimicrobial drugs. [GRAPHICS] .
Source:Journal of Coordination Chemistry, 2017, 70, 21, 3702-3714
- Taylor & Francis Ltd, Abingdon
- Interactions of natural products, their derivatives and coordination compounds with proteins and nucleic acids (RS-172055)
- COST Action ECOSTBio (Explicit Control Over Spin-States in Technology and Biochemistry) including a STSM grant [CM1305, COST-STSM-CM1305-25068]
- Slovenian Research Agency [P1-0175]
- This is the peer-reviewed version of the following article: Romanović, M. C.; Čobeljić, B.; Pevec, A.; Turel, I.; Grubišić, S.; Radanović, D. D.; Anđelković, K. K.; Milenković, M.; Milenković, M. R. Synthesis, Characterization, DFT Calculations and Antimicrobial Activity of Cd(II) Complexes with the Condensation Product of 2-Quinolinecarboxaldehyde and Girard’s T Reagent. Journal of Coordination Chemistry 2017, 70 (21), 3702–3714. https://doi.org/10.1080/00958972.2017.1405262