Boron-doped diamond electrode - A prestigious unmodified carbon electrode for simple and fast determination of bentazone in river water samples
Ivanovic, Aleksandra T.
Petković, Branka B.
Article (Accepted Version)
MetadataShow full item record
Bentazone (BZ) is selective contact-past herbicide with suspected reproductive toxicity potential for human due to possible contamination of ground and surface waters. This work presents simple, rapid, sensitive and accurate determination of bentazone at unmodified boron-doped diamond electrode, using differential pulse voltammetry in Britton-Robinson buffer (pH 4, oxidation peak at 1.0 V). Under optimized DPV conditions linear calibration curve was obtained for range of 2 to 100 mu M, with a detection limit of 0.5 mu M. The effect of possible interfering agents is negligible, confirming good selectivity of the method. The method was successfully applied to determination of bentazone in spiked river water samples. This electrochemical determination of bentazone represents a favorable alternative to other used time-consuming and expensive analytical techniques and procedures.
Keywords:Bentazone determination / Electrochemical method / Voltanunetry / River water samples
Source:Diamond and Related Materials, 2018, 81, 133-137
- Elsevier Science Sa, Lausanne
- Multiscale structuring of polymer nanocomposites and functional materials based on different precursors (RS-45022)
- Application of advanced oxidation processes and nanostructured oxide materials for the removal of pollutants from the environment, development and optimisation of instrumental techniques for efficiency monitoring (RS-172030)
- Strengthening of the MagBioVin Research and Innovation Team for Development of Novel Approaches for Tumour Therapy based on Nanostructured Materials (EU-621375)
- This is peer-reviewed version of the following article: Jevtić, S.; Stefanović, A.; Stanković, D. M.; Pergal, M. V.; Ivanović, A. T.; Jokić, A.; Petković, B. B. Boron-Doped Diamond Electrode — A Prestigious Unmodified Carbon Electrode for Simple and Fast Determination of Bentazone in River Water Samples. Diamond and Related Materials 2018, 81, 133–137, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diamond.2017.12.009