A novel macroporous polymer-inorganic nanocomposite as a sorbent for pertechnetate ions
Jankovic, Drina Lj.
Vukadinovic, Aleksandar A.
Article (Published version)
MetadataShow full item record
A novel magnetic macroporous poly(glycidyl methacrylate-co-ethylene glycol dimethacrylate) (mPGME) was prepared by suspension copolymerization and functionalized with diethylenetriamine (mPGME-deta). The samples were characterized by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) analysis, mercury porosimetry, scanning electron microscopy with energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (SEM-EDS), atomic force microscopy (AFM) and SQUID magnetometry. The sorption behavior of mPGME-deta toward pertechnetate ions (TcO4-) from aqueous solution was studied. Experimental results indicated relatively fast TcO4- sorption kinetics that depends on pH and ionic strength, with a high removal efficiency of 99% within 180 min in the pH range 3.0-5.0. The pseudo-second-order model yielded the best fit for the kinetic data.
Source:RSC Advances, 2017, 7, 35, 21412-21421
- The Royal Society of Chemistry
- Advanced technologies for monitoring and environmental protection from chemical pollutants and radiation burden (RS-43009)
- Magnetic and radionuclide labeled nanostructured materials for medical applications (RS-45015)
- Synthesis and characterization of novel functional polymers and polymeric nanocomposites (RS-172062)
- Micro- Nanosystems and Sensors for Electric Power and Process Industry and Environmental Protection (RS-32008)
- Agrobiodiversity and land-use change in Serbia: an integrated biodiversity assessment of key functional groups of arthropods and plant pathogens (RS-43001)