Synthesis, crystal structure, magnetic properties and DFT study of dinuclear Ni(II) complex with the condensation product of 2-quinolinecarboxaldehyde and Girard's T reagent
Authorized Users Only
Tsaturyan, Arshak A.
Shcherbakov, Igor N.
Article (Published version)
MetadataShow full item record
A dinuclear double end-on azido bridged KM complex [Ni2L2(mu-(1),(1)-N-3)(2)(N-3)(2)] (1) with the condensation product of 2-quinolinecarboxaldehyde and trimethylammonium acetohydrazide chloride (Girard's T reagent) (HLCl) has been synthesized and characterized by elemental analysis, IR spectroscopy, single-crystal X-ray diffraction, magnetic measurements and DFT studies. In complex 1 intra-dimer ferromagnetic coupling between Ni2+ ions (J= +12.0(2) cm(-1)) and inter-dimer antiferromagnetic interaction (delta = -0.8(3) cm(-1)) were observed. DFT-BS calculations provided explanation of ferromagnetic exchange coupling in complex 1.
Keywords:Ni(II) complex / Hydrazones / DFT / Magnetic properties / Crystal structure
Source:Polyhedron, 2017, 128, 30-37
- Pergamon-Elsevier Science Ltd, Oxford
- Interactions of natural products, their derivatives and coordination compounds with proteins and nucleic acids (RS-172055)
- COST Action
- Slovenian Research Agency [P-0175]
- SFedU [213.01-07-2014/03PChVG]
- The peer-reviewed version: http://cer.ihtm.bg.ac.rs/handle/123456789/3013