Crystal structures, magnetic properties and DFT study of cobalt(II) azido complexes with the condensation product of 2-quinolinecarboxaldehyde and Girard's T reagent
Milenković, Milica R.
Article (Accepted Version)
MetadataShow full item record
A tridentate NNO condensation product of 2-quinolinecarboxaldehyde and Girard's T reagent (HLC1) in the presence of azide ions coordinates with cobalt(II) giving mononuclear azido Co(II) complex [CoHL (N-3)(3)](1) as a main product and dinuclear end-on azido bridged Co(II) complex [Co2L2(mu-(1,1)-N-3)(2)(N-3)(2)] (2) in traces. Crystal structures of both complexes were determined. Variable temperature magnetic susceptibility measurement studies of complex I showed that Co(II) cation is in the low-spin state with t(2g)(6)e(g)(1) (S = 1/2) configuration. DFT-BS calculations for complex 2 anticipated ferromagnetic type interaction between paramagnetic centers (J = 53 cm(-1)).
Keywords:Hydrazones / Cobalt(II) azido complexes / Single crystal structures / DFT calculations / Magnetic properties
Source:Polyhedron, 2018, 139, 142-147
- Pergamon-Elsevier Science Ltd, Oxford
- Interactions of natural products, their derivatives and coordination compounds with proteins and nucleic acids (RS-172055)
- COST Action ECOSTBio (Explicit Control Over Spin-States in Technology and Biochemistry) including a STSM grant [CM1305, COST-STSM-CM1305-25068]
- Slovenian Research Agency [P-0175]
- This is a peer-review version of the article: M.C. Romanović, M.R. Milenković, A. Pevec, I. Turel, V. Spasojević, S. Grubišić, D. Radanović, K. Anđelković, B. Čobeljić, Crystal structures, magnetic properties and DFT study of cobalt(II) azido complexes with the condensation product of 2-quinolinecarboxaldehyde and Girard's T reagent, Polyhedron, 2018, 139, 142-147, https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.poly.2017.10.018