Hybrid visible-light responsive Al2O3 particles
Authorized Users Only
Ahrenkiel, Scott Phillip
Nedeljković, Jovan M.
Article (Published version)
MetadataShow full item record
Detailed study of Al2O3, an insulator with the band gap of about 8.7 eV, and its different organic/inorganic charge transfer complexes with visible-light photo activity is presented. In particular, prepared Al2O3 particles of the size 0.1-0.3 mu m are coated with several organic complexes - the specific details for catecholate- and salicylate-type of ligands are described below - and the light absorption properties and photocatalytic activity of such hybrids are scrutinized and compared with those of other organic/inorganic hybrid materials previously studied. In addition, the obtained experimental results are supported with quantum chemical calculations based on density functional theory.
Keywords:Inorganic/organic hybrids / Charge transfer complex / Visible light responsive material / Al2O3 / Photocatalysis
Source:Chemical Physics Letters, 2017, 685, 416-421
- Elsevier Science Bv, Amsterdam
- Qatar National Research Fund - 6-02-1-1005
- Qatar National Research Fund - 5-674-1-114
- Materials of Reduced Dimensions for Efficient Light Harvesting and Energy conversion (RS-45020)
- Modeling and Numerical Simulations of Complex Many-Body Systems (RS-171017)